Date: 10/28/19 11:31 am
From: Robert O'Brien <baro...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Beached Barred Owls
I don't know about barred owls. But I have seen two or more short-eared
owls that seemed quite comfortable 20 miles offshore. 1 actually turned and
flew into the boat wake for a short period. From this distance they could
undoubtedly make out the shoreline if they are interested in returning to
land. I've always assumed that they simply migrate offshore at times
including during the day.
Bob O'Brien Carver Oregon