Date: 10/28/19 9:32 am
From: Sargent, Bob <bob.sargent...>
Subject: [GABO-L] Youth Christmas Bird Count December 14th
Birders,

The GA Department of Natural Resources is hosting its fourth annual Youth Christmas Bird Count (modified) specifically for birders ages 8-16 at Charlie Elliott Wildlife Center in Mansfield on the morning of December 14, 2019. Participants do not have to be experienced. This is a fun opportunity to learn how to identify birds, to meet other young birders, or to improve birding skills in preparation for the Youth Birding Competition in April. Binoculars and field guides will be provided to the kids, and parents are welcome to join the teams of 4-5 participants, each of which will be led by an experienced mentor. We'll start at 8:30 am with orientation followed by three hours of birding, mostly on foot. Free lunch (for the kids and the mentors; adults pay just $9) follows, and then the birding teams will present their data and learn about using eBird. All of the young participants will take home prizes and field guides. We should finish about 3:00 pm.

If your kids (and you) are interested, please call 770-784-3059 to register. If you have questions, call me at 478-994-1438.

Bob Sargent
GA DNR
Monroe County

Send regular postings to <gabo-l...>