Date: 10/28/19 7:46 am
From: Paul Dickson <Paul...>
Subject: Re: [LABIRD-L] common ground doves
I add ditto your observations Bill. Horace Jeter recorded invasions in period 1950-1954, 1976-77, and a number of birders records January through December 1993. I am probably missing some other periods that are now loaded into eBird. Also as you mention I have seen them on the margins of agricultural field roads and trails, often near isolated groups of trees in those cotton field type locations. These treed spots near which where I recall most sightings of Common Ground Dove tend to be near tractor barns and homes or abandoned home sites and likewise some weeds or dewberry vines are in there. I will be watching those kinds of places thank to you and Paul's heads-up.
Paul Dickson