Date: 10/27/19 11:22 pm
From: David Bailey <davidcbaileyoregon...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Beach Barred Owls
I have found perhaps two dead Barred Owls in the wrack line over the years.
I think that there are really very many Barred Owls out there, though that
doesn't explain why I have never found a dead Great-horned or Barn Owl on
the beach.

David

David C. Bailey
Seaside, Oregon

On Sun, Oct 27, 2019, 22:30 Beverly Hallberg <bhallbergskloot...>
wrote:

> Also, in addition to the one I found yesterday on the Manzanita beach, I
> found one on the same beach, same location almost 2 years to the date -
> also on inaturalist. A seasonal thing?
>
> https://www.inaturalist.org/observations/8444257
>
> Beverly
>
> On Sun, Oct 27, 2019 at 10:19 PM Matthew G Hunter <
> <matthewghunter...> wrote:
>
>> This month there have been at least three Barred Owls photographed washed
>> up on northern Oregon Coast beaches, in iNaturalist.org. I've not seen that
>> before. Perhaps Mike Patterson or COASST folks have??? How unusual is this?
>> Is someone tossing their kill in a river and they end up on the beach? Are
>> there so many Barred Owls that they are flying "west" to find open
>> territory? Thoughts?
>>
>> https://www.inaturalist.org/observations/34044566
>> https://www.inaturalist.org/observations/34938304
>> https://www.inaturalist.org/observations/34985010