Date: 10/27/19 10:30 pm
From: Beverly Hallberg <bhallbergskloot...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Beach Barred Owls
Also, in addition to the one I found yesterday on the Manzanita beach, I
found one on the same beach, same location almost 2 years to the date -
also on inaturalist. A seasonal thing?

https://www.inaturalist.org/observations/8444257

Beverly

On Sun, Oct 27, 2019 at 10:19 PM Matthew G Hunter <matthewghunter...>
wrote:

> This month there have been at least three Barred Owls photographed washed
> up on northern Oregon Coast beaches, in iNaturalist.org. I've not seen that
> before. Perhaps Mike Patterson or COASST folks have??? How unusual is this?
> Is someone tossing their kill in a river and they end up on the beach? Are
> there so many Barred Owls that they are flying "west" to find open
> territory? Thoughts?
>
> https://www.inaturalist.org/observations/34044566
> https://www.inaturalist.org/observations/34938304
> https://www.inaturalist.org/observations/34985010