Date: 10/27/19 5:09 pm
From: <wilcox_kerry...> <dmarc-noreply...> (Redacted sender wilcox_kerry for DMARC)
Subject: [wisb] late Nashville Warbler, other fall birds
I had a good look at a NASHVILLE WARBLER this afternoon on the path leading south from the parking area at Governor's Island in Madison.  Out on Lake Mendota there were at least seven COMMON LOONS--one calling as the sun set.
Earlier in the afternoon I found a NORTHERN SHRIKE at Cherokee Marsh North Unit.  It was on prairie/marsh to the east of the parking area, foraging off a lone shrub.  One FOX SPARROW and one HERMIT THRUSH as well.  Surprisingly few sparrows.
Plenty of GOLDEN-CROWNED KINGLETS all over, with many fewer RUBY-CROWNED.  A few EASTERN BLUEBIRDS to be seen here and there as well as BROWN CREEPERS and YELLOW-RUMPED WARBLERS.
Good birding!
Kerry Wilcox
Dane County