Date: 10/27/19 10:47 am
From: Julie Scotland <juliemasin...>
Subject: [obol] Interesting Junco - Tillamook OR
Conor and I had an interesting Junco at the Tillamook Medical Plaza trail
just before sunset ( here: 45.459004, -123.853475). It was in a mixed flock
of sparrows (Golden-crowned, White-crowned, Song) and Oregon Juncos.

The bird initially caught our attention as it had a very light blue/gray
head. It also had a prominent dark mask and light pink flanks/side of
breast. Not long after a female Oregon Junco jumped up next to it - making
the differences even more strikingly clear. We thought it might be a
Pink-sided.

Low quality photos included in eBird checklist here. In the field, the gray
head was more strikingly light and blueish than show in the photos.

Realizing that Pink-sided would be very unlikely here, would appreciate any
feedback on how Pink-sided can be differentiated from light colored Oregon
Juncos.

https://ebird.org/checklist/S60958927

Julie Scotland
Portland, OR