Date: 10/27/19 7:10 am
From: Hawkcount.Org Reports <reports...>
Subject: [JERSEYBI] Raccoon Ridge (26 Oct 2019) 12 Raptors

Unknown Falcon 0 0 0
Unknown Eagle 0 0 0
Unknown Raptor 1 14 34

Total: 12 910 4339

Observation start time: 08:00:00
Observation end time: 16:00:00
Total observation time: 8 hours

Official Counter: Jim Thomson

Observers: Al Ambler, Maura Griffin, Stephen Bagen

Visitors:
Marc Chelemer, Daniel Chelemer, Evan Gott, Jasper Craven
Frank Merentino and his sweet little girl Madison
Craig Stockert
Hikers- 38
SOBO's- Tom Logan, Subway, Kingfish
And a special shout out to Fox ! He is completing his A.T. journey in
Delaware Water Gap !! Way to go !!!!

Weather:
Temps- 47-59 Deg. F, Winds- AM from N/NE @ 1-5mph becoming
more variable and changing to S @ 3-7mph in PM
Partial cloud cover to begin the day with heavy cloud cover in PM

Raptor Observations:
BE- 11:37A, 1:38I

A slow day on the ridge. I was thankful for the company of our
observers and visitors but unfortunately we didn't have much
to look at today ! Not for lack of effort !! The birds just didn't show.
Our Bird of the Day selection goes to one of our " local " Bald Eagles
known as "Lefty". Lefty is very identifiable as he had an injured left
wing that had healed but his primary flight feathers still need some work!
Lefty came in for a great look today and was very tight to the ridge on the
river side before crossing directly over the watch site in close range!

Non-raptor Observations:
Monarch- 2
BV's & TV's
Pileated WP
Blue Jays
Cedar Waxwings
YR Warblers
Other raptors seen but not counted as migrating included:
Bald Eagles(numerous), Peregrine Falcon, Red-shoulder hawk,
Coopers Hawk, American Kestrel
Report submitted by Jim Thomson (<hawkinflight...>)

More site information at hawkcount.org: http://hawkcount.org/siteinfo.php?rsite=339

or e-mail to <njbrcreport...>
List help: <jerseybi-request...>
List archives: https://lists.princeton.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A0=jerseybi