Date: 10/27/19 4:30 am
From: tracy chiconas <dmarc-noreply...> (Redacted sender tchiconas for DMARC)
Subject: [wisb] Re: return of Juncos

I saw my first juncos on Sept. 29th in Veterans Park. There was a minimum of 20 (along with a large number of white throated & white crowns)  feeding in the rain flying back & forth between the tree line & the open grass. They were being hunted by a Coopers Hawk.

- Tracy Chiconas
Mil Wi
<tchiconas...>

On Friday, October 18, 2019, 1:00:28 PM CDT, John K <johnny.phoenix13...> wrote:

My Juncos started arriving last weekend and by Wednesday I was up to at
least 20. Although I can’t prove it without banding, I’m sure I see some
familiar faces out there. I’ve read that Juncos will arrive at a location
and use basically 20 acres for the entire winter, so it’s not out of the
question that these are repeats from prior years. We had one that had an
unusual white mark on its face and we had him three years in a row, and if
he shows up again, it will be 4.
John Kivikoski
South-central Iowa County