Date: 10/26/19 4:04 pm
From: Terry Davis <terkchip...>
Subject: [LABIRD-L] Bossier City/ Bossier par fall migrants. SLOW!
Hi all, didn’t write the date down but I had 2 Common Yellowthroat (FOF) and 1 House Wren on the morning of the same date when Erik Johnson reported them. The COYE re-found next day with more time, proved to both be hatch-year males, which hung around several days, then one continuing (or possibly a new bird) into first week October. A Least Flycatcher also worked the big pecan and a large neighboring live oak briefly the day before the COYE were found. Warblers otherwise have been zero here!
Scissor-tailed Flycatcher (good numbers late afternoons to sse) and Indigo Bunting (smaller numbers mostly to ssw) passed through really well in the last week of September and first 2 weeks of October. No RBGR seen yet, as others have been reporting. Predawn flight call of Lincoln’s Sparrow (FOF) near end of September was nice.
A single White-throated Sparrow (FOF) was heard giving it’s metallic “pink” from a close neighboring yard on the morning of 10-23.
Eastern Phoebe (FOF) today, 10-26 in back on wire. Another HOWR also in my yard. Migrants seem really late arriving, considering very close proximity to Red River. Stoner woods are very close also, not far from being straight across the river from me. RTHU fell to zero from 4-6 birds (count without extrapolation) about 4-5 days ago.

Good birding,

Terry

Sent from my iPhone

Join us on Facebook!