Date: 10/25/19 6:06 pm
From: Alan Contreras <acontrer56...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Black Oystercatchers at 4500 ft asl in the Modoc County, California desert
There is a photo documented record of American Oystercatcher from s Idaho maybe 25 years ago. I don’t know whether it was a hybrid but it was definitely an oystercatcher.

Alan Contreras
<acontrer56...>
Eugene, Oregon

www.alanlcontreras.com

Attending Christmas Bird Counts with good weather forecasts.

> On Oct 25, 2019, at 4:19 PM, David Hewitt <dhewitt37...> wrote:
>
> The details are in the checklist linked below. I know it is not an Oregon sighting, but figured people might get a kick out of it. I don't have a clue why they were up here at 4500 ft elevation in a desert. The photo is not the best, but it should be sufficient paired with our description. Craziness! You go for work to a remote location for 5 hours out of the year, and these just fly right up to you.
>
> I did not find anything in my books or online about oystercatcher wanderings away from the coast, but would be curious to hear what others know about.
>
> https://ebird.org/checklist/S60923725 <https://ebird.org/checklist/S60923725>
>
> - Dave Hewitt, Klamath Falls

Join us on Facebook!