Date: 10/25/19 4:23 pm
From: Nicholas Mrvelj <nickmrvelj...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Blue-gray Gnatcatcher, Nehalem, Tillamook - id sound file for verification
Hi Beverly - I agree with Dave; it’s kind of close, but not quite a
Blue-gray Gnatcatcher. It’s actually a Bewick’s Wren. Here’s a good
recording of one doing the same “seet” vocalization, with a matching
spectrogram.

https://academy.allaboutbirds.org/peterson-field-guide-to-bird-sounds/?speciesCode=bewwre&species=Bewick%27s%20Wren%20-%20Thryomanes%20bewickii

Keep at it though, as I suspect a few BGGN are out there lurking in Oregon
as we type.

Best,
-Nick Mrvelj (Portland)