Date: 10/25/19 1:11 pm
From: Beverly Hallberg <bhallbergskloot...>
Subject: [obol] Blue-gray Gnatcatcher, Nehalem, Tillamook - id sound file for verification
Hi all,

This morning I was very close to, but did not see, what sounds to me like a
Blue-gray Gnatcatcher. It was on private property and I could not enter
without trespassing to find the bird. The bird continued to move deeper
into the private area and eventually went silent. However, I did make some
recordings as it was calling it's "spee" calls for over a minute. These
recording are in my eBird checklist attached. If you feel this is
something other than a Blue-gray Gnatcatcher, please let me know. The
recordings are rather soft but the bird was rather loud and nasally. The
spectrogram looks good for the species. Turn up your volume.

https://ebird.org/checklist/S60919696

Thanks, Beverly Hallberg

Join us on Facebook!