Date: 10/25/19 12:26 pm
From: John Thomas <johnpam...>
Subject: [obol] RFI: Sandhill Crane Reports Appreciated
Hello OBOLers. Please report any movements of Sandhills in Willamette Valley and especially those that look like “staging” or southern migration events. We live NE of Silverton and have been
watching for them as we do outside chores this fall. Should be large groups heading south soon. Reports would be appreciated whether here or on eBird. One friend told me she saw two small groups several days ago with about 35 cranes &
this was mid-valley. Largest number ever seen here in fall migration were 500 at this time four years ago. They usually go over here between 11:30 AM and 2:30 PM and especially when there is a NE “tailwind."
Thank you & Good Birding,
John Thomas

POST: Send your post to <obol...>
Contact moderator: <obol-moderators...>