Date: 10/25/19 10:03 am
From: Gus Keri <guskeri...>
Subject: [nysbirds-l] Fwd: American White Pelican at Jamaica Bay today

The Pelican now is at the south end of the east pond and can be seen well from the platform near John’s pond without a scopeSent using Zoho Mail============ Forwarded message ============From : Gus Keri<guskeri...>To : "Birding alert, NYSBirds, Birding alert"<nysbirds-l...>Date : Wed, 23 Oct 2019 15:02:35 -0400Subject : American White Pelican at Jamaica Bay today============ Forwarded message ============Apparently, the Pelican is favoring (hiding in) a cove at the north west side of the east pond. The best spot to view this bird is the north east corner of the pond. You Don't have to walk down to the edge of the water. I saw it from the path standing on a dry land just few hundreds feet from the A train, looking through the vegitations. The best part is you don't have to have a scope or special boots. I wore a sneaker and used my binoculars and my camera only. The bird gave me a long interrupted and unobstructed view. You can watch my video here: https://twitter.com/BirdQueens/status/1187077742786961413

ARCHIVES:
3) http://birding.aba.org/maillist/NY01

http://ebird.org/content/ebird/