Date: 10/25/19 1:19 am
From: ยท Michael Medina <recycleoregon...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Stupid comments on eBird? More please!
I'm not sure where this is coming from, seems like a discussion that's been
going on under another subject heading. As far as comments go, I do have an
opinion on this although I believe this topic is totally of topic here.

As someone who just spent more than a few hundred hours bringing about 30
years of bird detections into a more usable GIS solution, I can tell you
comments may be nearly completely irrelevant in just a few years. What
seems important now may be useless years from now and what seems irrelevant
now may be the most important part of your report.

See birds, record them, be accurate, be concise, and make what seems at
least like relevant, useful, and future looking comments and someone's kids
will thank you one day after we're all long gone.

Michael Medina

Join us on Facebook!