Date: 10/24/19 7:03 pm
From: Peter H Yaukey <PYaukey...>
Subject: [LABIRD-L] Recovery Road far impoundment still rockin'
I took another couple birders from out of town down to the far impoundment along Recovery Rd today in the Bayou Sauvage NWR, beyond the landfill mound. Water is still low despite the rain the other day, and it is still chock full of birds. Since I was guiding I again didn't take time to make counts, but there were good numbers of large waders (including lots of Plegadis), white pelicans, blue-winged teal, b n stilts, avocets, dowitchers, and peeps. Shorebirds identified included Marbled Godwit (12), Stilt Sandpiper, Dunlin, Semipalmated Sandpiper, both yellowlegs, but I did not put as much effort into sorting through them as I would normally.

There were decent numbers of migrants along the Recovery Rd itself, including a Clay-colored Sparrow.

We also looked into the part of the impoundment closer to Hwy 90, from atop the levee farther east along highway 90, and there were about 80 roseate spoonbills there along with generally good numbers of birds as well.

Peter Yaukey

NOTICE: This message, including all attachments transmitted with it, is intended solely for the use of the Addressee(s) and may contain information that is PRIVILEGED, CONFIDENTIAL, and/or EXEMPT FROM DISCLOSURE under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the information contained herein is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you received this communication in error, please destroy all copies of the message, whether in electronic or hard copy format, as well as attachments and immediately contact the sender by replying to this email or contact the sender at the telephone numbers listed above. Thank you!

Join us on Facebook!