Date: 10/24/19 5:28 pm
From: Mike Griffith <birdonawire47...>
Subject: Changes At Green Bottom
At Green Bottom WMA (Cabell Co.), construction has begun on a new pond in the Hoeft Wetland section (this is the downstream section of Green Bottom). It is possible that this section may soon be partially or totally closed to visitors. I'll provide updates as soon as I know more.
Also, as I'm sure most birders know, it is hunting season - right now small game and bow hunting for bear and deer. Personally I think it is advisable to wear some blaze orange attire (at least a hat or vest) especially when birding in wooded or shrubby areas where visibility is compromised.
Stay safe.

Mike Griffith
Huntington

Join us on Facebook!