Date: 10/24/19 4:09 pm
From: Bruni Haydl <bruni...>
Subject: Life bird
I was thrilled to discover a Blue-headed Vireo in my back yard late
afternoon.  It was sitting on a dry branch  no more than 20 ft from the
patio door so I got really good looks at it.  I probably would not have
been able to identify it had I not seen a posting of this bird
(including photos) in someone's yard in nearby Bluemont, VA last week.
What a treat!

Later on a Yellow-rumped Warbler came to the birdbath. White-throated
Sparrows were also bathing.  Neat to see the different "bib" pattern.
Some are solid white and others seem to be divided into three parts.

Bruni Haydl

Jefferson Co, VA

Join us on Facebook!