Date: 10/24/19 12:56 pm
From: Jeff Gilligan <jeffgilligan10...>
Subject: [obol] Re: [eBird Alert] Oregon Rare Bird Alert
This is an extremely late date for an Eastern Kingbird, though I am certainly not saying that it wasn’t one. Young birds of other, and even less expected kingbirds might appear very pale.

Here for example is a Gray Kingbird photographed in Connecticut: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-mvmWucmEjlo/UYxgwDxjoxI/AAAAAAAAAWQ/nLVshXbR6gQ/s1600/IMG_4500.jpg

There is an old specimens of Gray Kingbird from Vancouver Island, British Columbia, so other species should be considered, and perhaps were. That species has occurred elsewhere far north of its range in fall.

Jeff Gilligan