Date: 10/24/19 11:30 am
From: David Kollen <davekollen...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Very probable NOMO south of Brookings
Thanks. My Kalmiopsis Audubon Curry County guide shows it a rare throughout
the year. In five years of being here it is my first sighting. Brought a
smile to my face as it is probably the bird I missed most after moving.
Dave Kollen

On Thu, Oct 24, 2019 at 11:24 AM Alan Contreras <acontrer56...>
wrote:

> Mocker is a fairly regular bird on the south coast, especially in fall and
> winter.
>
> Alan Contreras
> Eugene, Oregon
>
> <acontrer56...>
>
> www.alanlcontreras.com
>

> > On Oct 24, 2019, at 11:23 AM, David Kollen <davekollen...> wrote:
> >

> > This morning on my bike ride down Oceanview Dr I spotted what I am sure
> was a Mocker. Flew across the road, low, about thirty feet in front of me
> with a good dorso-lateral view. Went into thick brush and briars and I was
> unable to get a second look after I turned around and stopped.
> >
> > Having lived in Austin for 30ish years and observed thousands of them, I
> am pretty confident in the ID. Big wing patches and definitely not a CLNU.
> I'm putting it on my personal Curry list, but not eBird until I give it
> more thought about what else I might have seen (suggestions welcome). I
> feel that given the wide use of eBird data, entries should be held to a
> higher level of scrutiny.
> >
> > Location was at the south end of the last open fields before the road
> takes a final dip and turns left (if southbound) to meet US 101.
> > Dave Kollen

Join us on Facebook!