Date: 10/24/19 11:23 am
From: David Kollen <davekollen...>
Subject: [obol] Very probable NOMO south of Brookings
This morning on my bike ride down Oceanview Dr I spotted what I am sure was
a Mocker. Flew across the road, low, about thirty feet in front of me with
a good dorso-lateral view. Went into thick brush and briars and I was
unable to get a second look after I turned around and stopped.

Having lived in Austin for 30ish years and observed thousands of them, I am
pretty confident in the ID. Big wing patches and definitely not a CLNU. I'm
putting it on my personal Curry list, but not eBird until I give it more
thought about what else I might have seen (suggestions welcome). I feel
that given the wide use of eBird data, entries should be held to a higher
level of scrutiny.

Location was at the south end of the last open fields before the road takes
a final dip and turns left (if southbound) to meet US 101.
Dave Kollen

Join us on Facebook!