Date: 10/24/19 10:52 am
From: Scott Barnes <scott.barnes...>
Subject: Re: [JERSEYBI] Grassland creation to support appropriate species
Jerseybirds,

NJ Audubon continues to work closely with Franklin Twp in Somerset County to maintain high quality grassland habitat after the initial restoration work was completed by NJA's Stewardship Department.

I wrote a blog post about the site, spurred by the appearance of this summer's Henslow's Sparrow, with details about how some sterile old agricultural land was transformed into high-quality native habitat through our partnership with Franklin Twp. You can read it here: https://njaudubon.org/henslows-sparrow-at-the-negri-nepote-grassland-preserve/

Good Birding,

Scott Barnes
All Things Birds Program Director
Assistant Director, Eco-Travel
New Jersey Audubon
<scott.barnes...>
609.427.3052

Making NJ a better place for people and wildlife since 1897.

or e-mail to <njbrcreport...>
List help: <jerseybi-request...>
List archives: https://lists.princeton.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A0=jerseybi

Join us on Facebook!