Date: 10/24/19 10:13 am
From: Paul Sullivan <paultsullivan...>
Subject: [obol] More Yamhill county birds
Yesterday I went back to the Willamina fishing pond to see if that
Red-breasted Merganser had reappeared. It hadn't.

I checked the nearby sewage ponds and didn't find it there either.

At the sewage ponds I found pair of very confiding HUTTON'S VIREOS that came
really close to check out my pygmy owl toots.

In the afternoon I drove up Bald Mountain Rd to McGuire reservoir. I found
another confiding pair of HUTTONS VIREOS there. What's with that? I also
found many Varied Thrushes along the way.

I found CANADA JAYS in three places up there. I think I missed them
entirely last year in Yamhill county.

And I saw:

Mount Rainier 139 mi

Mount St. Helens 89 mi