Date: 10/24/19 7:43 am
From: Carole Hughes <ceruleanwarbler4...>
Subject: Re: [JERSEYBI] Grassland creation to support appropriate species
Marc and Jerseybirders,

What many people do not realize is that NJ Audubon has an excellent Stewardship Department that has worked with private and corporate land owners in New Jersey for many years to restore and maintain habitat for birds and other wildlife. More information about Stewardship projects can be found on the website and in the NJ Audubon Magazine. For example, the Winter 2018/2019 issue spoke about the successful efforts at the Elvin W Georges Grassland Preserve in Franklin Township.

Marc, if you are serious about efforts on these two particular properties, I would suggest doing some leg work of your own first to see if the property owners would be at all receptive to restoration and maintenance projects. If there is no receptivity on their part, it would be difficult for any organization to proceed. If there is receptivity, than I would contact the Stewardship Department. Even if the project does not make sense for NJ Audubon, they may be able to point to local or other resources.

Best,
Carole Hughes
Verona, NJ

Sent from Mail for Windows 10