Date: 10/24/19 6:15 am
From: Anthony Hill <anhinga13...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Rufous in the Berkshires
Good Morning,

On Tuesday morning I went to New Ashford, MA, (N of Pittsfield) and
banded a hatching-year (HY) female Rufous Hummingbird. Greg Ward from
Great Barrington joined me there, and he has posted to eBird, as has the
homeowner Bette Phelps. The bird has been returning to the feeder since
the banding, and considerate visitors are welcome. Morning visits have
been the most productive.

The address is 17 Route 7 (Williamstown Road) in New Ashfield (N
42.590113. W 0723.249966 is best bet). Visitors are OK, and are asked to
stay away from the house; there is a feeder below the house on a pole in
the yard that the bird has been visiting and people should focus on
that. The driveway up from Rt 7 is narrow and parking at the house
should be reserved for the homeowners. One option would be for people to
carpool from the Mount Greylock parking lot, just down the road. Morning
visits have been the most productive.

Anthony Hill
S. Hadley, MA

Anthony Hill
Certified Trainer, Passerines and Hummingbirds
Co-Chair, Hummingbird Working Group
North American Banding Council (http://www.nabanding.net)
Coordinator, Appledore Island Migration Station

| Préservons l'environnement - Avez-vous réellement besoin d'imprimer ce courriel ? |
| Please consider the environment - Do you really need to print this e-mail? |
| Piense en verde - Antes de imprimir este email hágase la siguiente pregunta, ¿es necesario? |
** BUY TWO duck stamps at the Post Office and conserve habitat **