Date: 10/23/19 6:42 pm
From: Jay V Huner <jay.huner1...>
Subject: [LABIRD-L] Lil Piney Park, Elizabeth, Allen Parish, LA Birds 10/23/19
Had a nice visit to Lil Piney Park this morning. Just like the quad project some years ago, the first few visits generate nice total lists. Then, the birding gets a bit monotonous. Of course, if you visit a site repeatedly through a year, seasons change and new birds show up with each season. Today I found a small and unexpected flock of Blue-winged Teal in the park's small pond. Also had four Double-crested Cormorants fly over. Found my first Hermit Thrush of the year. Managed to get a few decent images that are included with the link below.

Despite daily birding in central Louisiana, I still have only one sparrow, a Chipping Sparrow at Cotile Lake, and none at the park.

Jay Huner

https://ebird.org/checklist/S60872869

Join us on Facebook!