Date: 10/23/19 6:21 pm
From: Hendrik Herlyn <hhactitis...>
Subject: [obol] Re: "Siberian" American Pipit
Hi all,

Since we are discussing potential records of "*japonicus*" American Pipits,
I'll throw in a sighting I had on May 4, 2014 at the Philomath Sewage
Ponds. I encountered a single, very tame pipit that day that struck me as
interesting due to its unusually white underside, clean black streaks, and
rather pale, pinkish legs.

I considered "*japonicus*" at the time and ran the photos by a couple of
people, whose consensus was that, while intriguing, it might best be
considered within the range of variation of our local AMPIs.

However, in light of the recent discussion, I thought I'd make the photos
publicly available, so anyone interested can review them and compare them
with the other photos of purported *japonicus *pipits floating around.

The pics can be found in this eBird checklist:
https://ebird.org/checklist/S18255753

Happy Fall birding

Hendrik

--