Date: 10/23/19 3:06 pm
From: <whoffman...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Slender-billed nuthatches
Hi, Kevin -

A proposal to split the White-breasted nuthatches into several species was considered by the NACC (checklist Committee) a couple of years ago and not accepted. According to the comments published, they were pretty much in agreement that aculeata should be split, but decided to wait until some issues between the other taxa could be clarified.

Wayne

From: Karen Paulino
Date: Tue, Oct 22, 2019 5:34 PM
To: [ mailto:<obol...> | <obol...> ] ;
Subject: [obol] Slender-billed nuthatches

In the field, how does one differentiate a slender-billed nuthatch from a white-breasted nuthatch?POST: Send your post to [ mailto:%<20obol...> | <obol...> ] UNSUBSCRIBE: // [ http://www.freelists.org/list/obol | www.freelists.org/list/obol ] OBOL archives: [ http://www.freelists.org/archive/obol | www.freelists.org/archive/obol ] Contact moderator: [ mailto:%<20obol-moderators...> | <obol-moderators...> ]

Join us on Facebook!