Date: 10/23/19 2:35 pm
From: Larry McQueen <larmcqueen...>
Subject: [obol] wed morning, Eugene
We might blame the fog for the short list of birds at Buford Park this morning, where it was very gray and very still. Initially, the oaks held a flock of very active Steller’s Jays, robins, and Varied Thrushes. Here, we also had a Hairy Woodpecker, creepers, and a pair of White-breasted Nuthatches.
28 species

Anna’s Hummingbird 1
Double-crested Cormorant 1
Belted Kingfisher 1
Hairy Woodpecker 1
Northern Flicker 5
American Kestrel 1
Merlin 1
Steller’s Jay high number
California Scrub-Jay 5
American Crow few
Common Raven 8
Black-capped Chickadee heard
Bushtits
White-breasted Nuthatch 2
Brown Creeper several heard
Pacific Wren 6
Bewick’s Wren 6
Golden-crowned Kinglet flock in canopy and some elsewhere
Ruby-crowned Kinglet some number of them
American Robin 100+ wide spread and one flock
Varied Thrush 8
European Starling 100+
Cedar Waxwing 7
Song Sparrow 6
Lincoln’s Sparrow 2
Golden-crowned Sparrow 7
Dark-eyed Junco 2
Yellow-rumped Warbler 1

Dennis Arendt, Randy Sinnott, Judy Franzen, Scott McNeeley, Ellen Cantor, Tom Cable, , Kit Larsen, Steve Dignam, Sue Hutchinson, Nancy Clogston, and Larry McQueen

Join us on Facebook!