Date: 10/23/19 9:53 am
From: Caleb Centanni <caleb...>
Subject: [obol] 50th Anniversary Dallas CBC will be Monday, December 23
Hi folks,

Would you like to spend a fun day of good birding and exploring with
friends to punctuate your holiday season? Please consider joining us for
the 50th annual Dallas Christmas Bird Count on Monday, December 23! Our
count has proven very exciting and productive over the last few years:
recording a record species count of 122 last year, 10+ species of both
raptors and sparrows every year, and frequent rarities (Northern
Mockingbird, Harris's Sparrow, Ross's Goose, Common Yellowthroat, and
Golden Eagle in recent years).

This year you have the opportunity to help us meet the milestone of a
half-century of wintering bird data collected in this beautiful
cross-section of the Willamette Valley and Coast Range. Dallas is a unique
count in the Valley for its wide variety of habitats and birding
opportunities. The circle stretches from the bird-rich marshes and fields
of Baskett Slough NWR in the rolling, pastoral grasslands of the valley
floor through the upland foothills to the rugged and undercovered Coast
Range. Whether you prefer raptor-searching from the warmth of your vehicle,
walking the neighborhoods for feeders, or rugged hiking in the wilderness,
we need your help! We have space and need for mountain bikers if you have
interest, and could also potentially use a kayaker, if you want to be a
pioneer!

If you'd like to join us for a day of warm, birdy fun with friends (plus
warm minestrone soup in the evening!) please let me know as soon as you can
by emailing me at <caleb...>

Hope to see you all there!

Warm wishes and good birding to all!

Caleb Centanni