Date: 10/23/19 7:17 am
From: Katie Fallon <katie...>
Subject: Young Birders Walk, WV Botanic Garden
We had a small but mighty group for our Young Birders Walk this past Sunday
morning (Oct 20) at the West Virginia Botanic Garden near Morgantown.
Highlights
included yellow-rumped warblers, both golden-crowned kinglets and
ruby-crowned kinglets, a hermit thrush, and several blue-headed vireos. We
also got to observe a red-backed salamander, discovered under a log by
Hannah Clipp.

Our next walk for Young Birders will be held on Saturday, Nov 16, at 10am
at the WV Botanic Garden. Everyone is welcome and the walk is free, but the
Botanic Garden would like you to register ahead of time via their website (
www.wvbg.org). Send me an email for more information about our Young
Birders walks, or if you'd like to help grow the WV Young Birders Club.

Thank you to everyone who came out on Sunday morning, and to the volunteer
guides who helped lead the walk! eBird list follows:

WV Botanic Gardens
Oct 20, 2019
9:36 AM
Traveling
1.18 miles
115 Minutes
All birds reported? Yes
Comments: Submitted from eBird for iOS, version 1.9.6 Build 18

4 Turkey Vulture
3 Red-tailed Hawk
1 Yellow-bellied Sapsucker
2 Red-bellied Woodpecker
4 Downy Woodpecker
4 Pileated Woodpecker
3 Blue-headed Vireo -- Seen very clearly - all three were foraging together
10 Blue Jay
10 American Crow
2 Common Raven
6 Carolina Chickadee
8 Tufted Titmouse
5 Golden-crowned Kinglet
4 Ruby-crowned Kinglet
4 White-breasted Nuthatch
1 Winter Wren
2 Carolina Wren
4 Eastern Bluebird
1 Hermit Thrush
20 American Robin
5 Cedar Waxwing
4 American Goldfinch
6 White-throated Sparrow
10 Song Sparrow
12 Yellow-rumped Warbler
2 Northern Cardinal

Number of Taxa: 26

--
Katie Fallon

Chair & Co-founder, *Avian Conservation Center of Appalachia*
President, *Mountaineer Chapter of the National Audubon Society*

286 Fairchance Road
Morgantown, WV 26508
(304) 906-5438
http://www.accawv.org
http://www.mountaineeraudubon.org
http://www.katiefallon.com

*Check out the WV Young Birders' Club, an outreach project of the ACCA:
http://www.wvybc.org <http://www.wvybc.org>*

Join us on Facebook!