Date: 10/22/19 9:25 pm
From: Alan Contreras <acontrer56...>
Subject: [obol] Re: “Siberian” American Pipit in Multnomah County
It has been at least 20 years since I have heard of any possibles. I’m not aware of any documentation. I assume that OBRC would want a report.

Sometimes we get lucky but the data is too soft. About twenty years ago a whimbrel with a white rump went past me in wind at the Florence north jetty. That’s 100 percent of my data. Another time a femalic eider went by Boiler Bay with scoters at long range. I don’t think I reported it. It’s nice to have pics of the pipit.

Alan Contreras
Eugene, Oregon

<acontrer56...>

www.alanlcontreras.com

> On Oct 22, 2019, at 9:07 PM, Nicholas Mrvelj <nickmrvelj...> wrote:
>

> Thanks Alan. Do you happen to have any more information about those sightings off the top of your head? I ask out of personal curiosity. For a subspecies that may one day be split from American Pipit (Buff-bellied Pipit), I find it odd that it isn’t on the OBRC Review List pertaining to subspecies.
>
> Best,
> -Nick Mrvelj (Portland)
>
>> On Tue, Oct 22, 2019 at 8:50 PM Alan Contreras <acontrer56...> wrote:
>> There have been reports of japonicus but I’m not sure there have been photos.
>>
>> Alan Contreras
>> Eugene, Oregon
>>
>> <acontrer56...>
>>
>> www.alanlcontreras.com

>>> Birders - Colby Neuman continues his unbelievable run of finding spectacular rarities in Multnomah County with the best of the lot, the japonicus subspecies of American Pipit! See link below for photos and details. As far as I can tell, this appears to be an Oregon first. Someone more knowledgeable correct me if I’m wrong.
>>>
>>> https://ebird.org/checklist/S60856489
>>>
>>> Good Birding,
>>> -Nick Mrvelj (Portland)

Join us on Facebook!