Date: 10/22/19 9:07 pm
From: Nicholas Mrvelj <nickmrvelj...>
Subject: [obol] Re: “Siberian” American Pipit in Multnomah County
Thanks Alan. Do you happen to have any more information about those
sightings off the top of your head? I ask out of personal curiosity. For a
subspecies that may one day be split from American Pipit (Buff-bellied
Pipit), I find it odd that it isn’t on the OBRC Review List pertaining to
subspecies.

Best,
-Nick Mrvelj (Portland)

On Tue, Oct 22, 2019 at 8:50 PM Alan Contreras <acontrer56...> wrote:

> There have been reports of japonicus but I’m not sure there have been
> photos.
>
> Alan Contreras
> Eugene, Oregon
>
> <acontrer56...>
>
> www.alanlcontreras.com
>

> On Oct 22, 2019, at 8:47 PM, Nicholas Mrvelj <nickmrvelj...> wrote:
>

> Birders - Colby Neuman continues his unbelievable run of finding
> spectacular rarities in Multnomah County with the best of the lot, the
> japonicus subspecies of American Pipit! See link below for photos and
> details. As far as I can tell, this appears to be an Oregon first. Someone
> more knowledgeable correct me if I’m wrong.
>
> https://ebird.org/checklist/S60856489
>
> Good Birding,
> -Nick Mrvelj (Portland)

Join us on Facebook!