Date: 10/22/19 8:05 pm
From: Jay V Huner <jay.huner1...>
Subject: [LABIRD-L] Fall Migration in Central Louisiana
I don't recommend trying to bird when your eyes have been dilated. Looking through sun glasses that are covering your regular glasses is a bit complicated. My eyes were starting to recover around 3:30 PM today and I went out in my yard on Cotile Lake in Rapides Parish. Afternoons aren't especially good birding here but I found a mixed flock of songbirds working the trees and bushes in my yard and adjacent properties. The biggest surprise was a male Scarlet Tanager with its yellowish/greenish body and black wings. Didn't find any obvious migrant warblers like Connie Guillory located over the weekend or any sparrows she reported from the Hummingbird Garden in Grant Parish. But, they're obviously coming. A friend called to say she had a odd looking hummingbird - location on LA 28 about three miles west of Gardner, LA - that was clearly an Allen's/Rufous Hummingbird.

My yard checklist can be accessed with the following ebird link.

Jay Huner

https://ebird.org/checklist/S60855868

Join us on Facebook!