Date: 10/22/19 3:11 pm
From: <t4c1x...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Yamhill and Polk Birding
Bill,
That silt sounds like a dirty bird.
Darrel

From: "Bill Tice" <ticebill7...>
To: "Obol" <obol...>
Sent: Tuesday, October 22, 2019 2:34:18 PM
Subject: [obol] Yamhill and Polk Birding

Hi All,
Yesterday I was able to see the RB Merganser at the Willamina Fishing Ponds with Don Berg. Nice find and I believe a county first. Which reminds me that Yamhill Co has been graced with 4 additions to that county list this year: Clarks Grebe, Avocet, Silt and now the Merg.

I did not realize Paul Sulivan had seen a Red-necked Grebe at the Sheridan Sewage Ponds yesterday until it was too late, so went there today and found not only his bird, but another, immature bird, plus the 3 Surf Scoters which have been there for 2-3 days. With the report from the Columbia River area of birds moving through, I figured it would be good to check more places for such. West of Perrydale I found a Lewis Woodpecker, always nice to see here in the Valley. Next I went to Monmouth Sewage Ponds where I found another surf scoter. 6 miles farther south was a Western Grebe at Lucky 99 pond. With nice weather now upon us, I am not sure how that will affect the migrating birds.

--
Bill Tice

:
Birding - The best excuse for getting outdoors, and, for avoiding chores

Join us on Facebook!