Date: 10/22/19 2:35 pm
From: Bill Tice <ticebill7...>
Subject: [obol] Yamhill and Polk Birding
Hi All,
Yesterday I was able to see the RB Merganser at the Willamina Fishing Ponds
with Don Berg. Nice find and I believe a county first. Which reminds me
that Yamhill Co has been graced with 4 additions to that county list this
year: Clarks Grebe, Avocet, Silt and now the Merg.

I did not realize Paul Sulivan had seen a Red-necked Grebe at the Sheridan
Sewage Ponds yesterday until it was too late, so went there today and found
not only his bird, but another, immature bird, plus the 3 Surf Scoters
which have been there for 2-3 days. With the report from the Columbia
River area of birds moving through, I figured it would be good to check
more places for such. West of Perrydale I found a Lewis Woodpecker, always
nice to see here in the Valley. Next I went to Monmouth Sewage Ponds where
I found another surf scoter. 6 miles farther south was a Western Grebe at
Lucky 99 pond. With nice weather now upon us, I am not sure how that will
affect the migrating birds.

--
Bill Tice

:
Birding - The best excuse for getting outdoors, and, for avoiding chores

Join us on Facebook!