Date: 10/22/19 1:15 pm
From: Roy Gerig <roygerig...>
Subject: [obol] No Yamhill birds, 10/22/19
None should feel sorry for me, still alive and not paralyzed after being
within days, or a wrong movement, of paralysis twice in the past 8 years.
I still cannot walk but a very short distance, with difficulty and pain.
Surgery has fixed the danger, but nerve recovery takes a very long
time...by spring I hope to be out walking/birding more

Today I drove to Sheridan and Willamina to look for the Scoters and RN
Grebe and RB Mergansers that have been seen there past few days. Maybe get
lucky to see them from my car, but it was not the case.

Some have said here on OBOL that negative data is just as valuable, and
that is what I am providing here.

Bill Tice called while I was in Sheridan, on his way to look for a RN
Grebe, but I had to decline his kind offer to go along into the Sheridan
SP. He thinks the RB Merg is a Yamhill County first.

I saw no Scoter or Grebe other than PB from the parking area at Southside
fishing pond or the entrance to the freeway that overlooks the Sheridan
SP. At the Huddleston fishing pond in Willamina there was no Merganser.

Having spent decades often birding in remote almost inaccessible places in
Oregon an inability to walk greatly interferes with birding

Slowly getting better
Roy Gerig Salem OR

Join us on Facebook!