Date: 10/22/19 11:49 am
From: CHELEMER, MARC J <mc2496...>
Subject: [JERSEYBI] Channeling a frequent contributor to this listserv
Jerseybirders,

Today, I felt like Yong Kong, as I am working at home while Red Rover get some apparently much-needed attention (five "Pay the Mechanic" lights came on simultaenously while I was driving home from the Yellow-rumped Warbler convocation on the Cape on Saturday). Birding around my "home woods" (my lot is only 60 x 100), I was surprised to hear Golden-crowned Kinglets just after sunrise in the front yard, to find the first White-throated Sparrows of the season back under my seed feeder, and to see both a Ruby-crowned Kinglet and a Blue-headed Vireo (!) in the low trees around the backyard! Those four "fall migrant" finds complemented the typical overwintering yard birds which will now make my feeders a part of their food circuit.

So even a day when one cannot use one's wheels is still birdy and enjoyable. I'm trying to "train" the chickadee clan to take seeds from my hands; no luck yet, but I'm workin' at it.

Good birding,

Marc Chelemer
Tenafly

or e-mail to <njbrcreport...>