Date: 10/22/19 11:04 am
From: Nancy Tognan <nancy.tognan...>
Subject: [nysbirds-l] Rare birding films at the Museum of the Moving Image (Queens) on Oct 25-26
I am posting this on behalf of Jacob Kowalick-Allen of the Museum of the Moving Image, <jacob.kowalick-allen...> <mailto:<jacob.kowalick-allen...> .

The Museum of the Moving Image in Queens will be presenting a series called Bird's-Eye View: The Films of Mikael Kristersson <http://www.movingimage.us/programs/2019/10/25/detail/birds-eye-view-the-films-of-mikael-kristersson/> which consists of three feature documentaries about birds in urban environments paired with conversation between the filmmaker Mikael Kristersson (an internationally recognized documentarian from Sweden whose films are rarely shown), best-selling author and ecologist Eric Sanderson (Manahatta), and other conservationists focused on birds and conserving our coastlines, both in New York City and abroad. Here is a link to the event: http://www.movingimage.us/programs/2019/10/25/detail/birds-eye-view-the-films-of-mikael-kristersson/ <http://www.movingimage.us/programs/2019/10/25/detail/birds-eye-view-the-films-of-mikael-kristersson/>

Note that the Friday screening is followed by a conversation with Paul Sweet of the American Museum of Natural History and Kaitlyn Parkins of NYC Audubon. Screening times and ticket information are on the website.

ARCHIVES:
3) http://birding.aba.org/maillist/NY01

http://ebird.org/content/ebird/