Date: 10/22/19 9:44 am
From: Jared Fisher <Jared.Fisher...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Fwd: Dove in Craig Park, Havre De Grace
Forwarding on behalf of Marc Breslav

Jared Fisher
Rockville MD

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: <mbreslav...>
Date: Tue, Oct 22, 2019 at 12:39 PM
Subject: what to do dove
To: <mdbirding+<owners...>

I am writing to you as list owner because I'm not sure this is appropriate
for posting by a nonmember of the list.

Yesterday I was traveling through Maryland to return to my home in New
York state. I knew Havre de Grace was a charismatic town so left I-95 in
search of of a place with a water view where we could picnic. In the space
of 20 minutes at Craig Park I twice saw at least one large plump dove
flying by and flashing white **seemingly** on its flank. I am an
experienced observer but could not claim that this was anything more than a
POSSIBLE white-winged dove. I just didn't see enough for long enough to
make a positive ID. My goal in writing is to encourage nearby birders to
pop by. It is an e-bird site and there is no record for this species.

Thanks.

Marc Breslav