Date: 10/21/19 7:53 pm
From: Nicholas Mrvelj <nickmrvelj...>
Subject: [obol] King Eider in Hood River County 10/20
Birders,

I was alerted to this incredible sighting from Stuart Johnston by John
Bishop earlier today. I see that the checklist has finally made its way to
eBird. A handful of birders checked “The Hook” today and did not detect the
KING EIDER, including myself and Brodie Cass-Talbott. For what it’s worth,
I’ve noticed a lot of dynamic movements involving
Scoters over the course of the past two days, specifically in between
Multnomah and Wasco County along the Columbia. The turnover rates have been
blistering quick at times. This bird could still be out there on the
Columbia somewhere.

https://ebird.org/brasil/checklist/S60829285

Happy chasing,
-Nick Mrvelj (Portland)