Date: 10/21/19 6:24 pm
From: Liam Waters <liamwaters42...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Townsend's Warbler -- Cuttyhunk island
A small group of us birded Cuttyhunk Island on Saturday. With the forecast
WNW winds overnight after a stretch of SW winds, the conditions seemed good
for a day full of birds.
We all expected to be flooded with Yellow-rumped Warblers, but were
pleasantly surprised to have great warbler diversity without having to pick
through 400+ Yellow-rumps...

Highlights from a collective 96 species over almost 9 hours:
16* warbler species headlined by a Townsend's Warbler that we found late in
the day, just before it was time to head back to the dock.
11 sparrow species including a Lark Sparrow (found by Mike Sylvia just
before we arrived) and 2 Grasshopper Sparrows
1 Yellow-breasted Chat -- which are surprisingly under-detected out here

The full list with photos and details is here
https://ebird.org/checklist/S60789812

*there were three more warbler species that we missed but were seen by
others, bringing the island's total for the day up to 19!

Happy birding,
Liam Waters
Sharon/Shutesbury

Join us on Facebook!