Date: 10/21/19 8:16 am
From: 'The \Nunn Guy\' via Colorado Birds <cobirds...>
Subject: [cobirds] Re: First of the Season Raptor Alley Trip
Hi all

Results from first Raptor Alley tour of season. Morning session was perfect
weather and first bird out of the gate was a Merlin down the road from my
house. She was later seen after the the trip chowing on a meadowlark in our
field atop a post. We had 33 raptors in all and about 20 other bird
species, Pronghorns, of course. A treat for all was Northern Harrier,
Red-tailed and Ferruginous Hawk hunting and eating in the Weld CR 33
prairie dog colony at same time. Wind picked up in afternoon drive. We did
not drive up to Weld CR 124 missing out on the three possible Prairie
Falcon seen of late up there.

American Kestrel - 11
Red-tailed Hawk 17
Merlin - 1
Ferruginous Hawk - 2
Northern Harrier - 1
Golden Eagle - 1

Nunn's Bald Eagle(s) could not be found in their usual 4-5 hangouts. Could
not re-find the Rough-legged Hawk either seen last weekend.

Thanks Gary Lefko, Nunn
http://www.friendsofthepawneegrassland.org/