Date: 10/21/19 7:19 am
From: Dougie Peebles <peebsfam...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Mississipi Kite- Wood's Hole
Passing through Wood's Hole yesterday late afternoon after fishing along the Vineyard, unusual bird caught my eye flying over area known as Penzance Point.
Sleek, long, pointed wings like a falcon, long tail like an accipiter, graceful flight with few wing flaps with quick movements, hovers, rapid tilts of the wings.
Got my binoculars on it, saw dark wings and tail, lighter body, no other significant markings. Watched it for 2 minutes at about 100 yards.
99% sure it was a Mississippi Kite. Pretty cool.
Doug Peebles
Cataumet

Join us on Facebook!