Date: 10/20/19 5:52 pm
From: MARK CHAVEZ <markchavez...>
Subject: [cobirds] Denver West Warblers--JEFFCO
Today, Aaron Shipe, David Starbuck, and I decided to brave the strong winds and bird Denver West. We had just got the BLACK-THROATED GREEN WARBLER in Boulder. We had been birding the business park intermittently and noticed a lot of warbler activity the last few weeks. We followed our hunch and found a late NASHVILLE WARBLER along with three TOWNSEND'S WARBLERS along with many Yellow-rumps, a few kinglets. nuthatches, and chickadees. After being joined by Kevin DeBoer, we found a MAGNOLIA WARBLER in this warbler flock!! We are also pretty sure there was a fall Chestnut-sided that we failed to get photo documentation on. It was nice to get the word out for a few other birders to enjoy. To think we had 6 great warblers in late October in windy cold conditions!! What fun birding....

Mark Chavez
Lakewood-Green Mtn
http://jaeger29.smugmug.com/