Date: 10/20/19 5:28 pm
From: Roy Gerig <roygerig...>
Subject: [obol] Re the question of what nest is this? I'll bet a sawbucks the Nest was of Swainson's Thrush
I am very familiar with the birds in the nesting season along the
Aufterheide Road east of Eugene between 1700 and 4000 feet, and being a
Deadhead I sometimes encountered kindred spirits up there while I did and
designed surveys. The most common nester where there is vine maple like
that is Swainson's Thrush. They outnumber PacSlopes by 10 to 1 or more
here. Additionally, I think Pac Slopes are indifferent to Vine Maple while
Swainson's strongly favor it. They enjoy the moss on its low horizontal
branches and you would too (smiley face)

Now send my money
Roy Gerig Salem OR

Join us on Facebook!