Date: 10/20/19 9:19 am
From: Tom & Allison Mickel <tamickel...>
Subject: [obol] Question about Catharus thrush call
OBOL & Lane Birders,

I recorded a Catharus thrush this morning on my morning walk on the
ridgeline trail in SE Eugene. I've heard the bird calling in the same
location four mornings in the last week. In addition to the call I recorded,
I've also heard a very high-pitched thin note from a thrush in the same
location. After listening to calls of Catharus thrush on Cornell's website,
it sounds most like a Gray-cheeked Thrush, but I'm wondering what other
people think. The recorded call sounds most like the second recording on
Cornell's website, and the high-pitched thin note sounded most like the
fourth recording. The recording was made at 7:20am, and I saw the thrush
hopping up the trail in front of me, but could not see any details because
it was too dark.

Thanks,
Tom Mickel
Eugene