Date: 10/19/19 10:20 pm
From: Greg & Wendy <gwyamada...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Anybody know what kind of nest this is?
Thanks Joshua (and Darrel) for the opinion – it certainly looks similar to this picture: https://nestwatch.org/connect/home-tweet-home/swainsons-thrush-nest-in-oregon/ and the low height is supported by this description: https://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/Swainsons_Thrush/lifehistory

Larry McQueen thinks it might be a Pacific-slope Flycatcher, whose nest looks very similar: https://www.flickr.com/photos/umpquawild/4787243568. The downside is this site says the nests are typically 15-20 feet above the ground: https://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/Pacific-slope_Flycatcher/lifehistory

Thanks for your very helpful information!

Greg

__|__