Date: 10/19/19 3:38 pm
From: <wilcox_kerry...> <dmarc-noreply...> (Redacted sender wilcox_kerry for DMARC)
Subject: [wisb] North Madison
A beautiful and active afternoon at Cherokee Marsh in Madison, yielding 36 species.
Highlights included:
GOLDEN-CROWNED KINGLET (5), RUBY-CROWNED KINGLET (10), HERMIT THRUSH (2)--both with buff tips on greater coverts making them hatching-year birds, FIELD SPARROW (3), DARK-EYED JUNCO (1), WHITE-CROWNED SPARROW (3)--two juveniles and one adult, WHITE-THROATED SPARROW (10), LINCOLN SPARROW (3), TENNESSEE WARBLER (1), ORANGE-CROWNED WARBLER (5), NASHVILLE WARBLER (3), YELLOW-RUMPED WARBLER (4) and a late BLACK-THROATED GREEN WARBLER.
A bit later I stopped at Token Creek County Park, which was much quieter, but I found a FOX SPARROW, and two more HERMIT THRUSHES one of which had buff tips on the coverts.
Good birding!
Kerry WilcoxDane County